Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Full-time
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Five Prime seeks a corporate attorney with contract and transactional, corporate governance and securities law experience to join its Legal Department reporting directly to our Director and Corporate and Securities Counsel.
As a Corporate Counsel at Five Prime your primary responsibilities would include:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements, including CDAs, service and consulting agreements, material transfer agreements, collaboration agreements, clinical trial-related agreements, manufacturing-related agreements and other general agreements
- Partnering with our Patent Counsel in contract preparation and negotiation with respect to intellectual property related matters
- Providing contract interpretation and counseling to various groups within the organization
- Assisting our Director and Corporate and Securities Counsel to draft and review SEC filings (e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, S-3s, S-8s and Section 16 reports)
- Assisting with corporate compliance
- Providing support for and work on special projects from time to time such as product collaboration and license transactions and financings
You would work with others dedicated to discovering and developing protein therapeutics to fundamentally improve the lives of patients in ways never before possible. We expect your experience would be rewarding and enriching both personally and professionally.
- J.D. from a top U.S. law school
- Member of the California bar
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience as a corporate attorney, including experience at a leading law firm and with life sciences clients; in-house experience is a plus
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment in which objectives evolve and compete
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently initiate new assignments and identify ways to improve processes and operations
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with functional groups across the organization
- Ability to provide practical legal and business advice regarding a wide variety of issues
- Ability to identify and implement solutions to address issues
- Ability to exercise good judgment and take prudent risks