Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI) founded in April 2010, drives the vision, strategy and execution for PlayStation™Network, to offer consumers compelling, connected entertainment experiences encompassing games, TV, video and music. Headquartered out of San Mateo, California, SNEI’s operations span globally across San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, London, Tokyo and other locations. Through PlayStation Network, SNEI delivers a wide range of exciting network service offerings including PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Video and more.
Description of Department:
The SNEI Business and Legal Affairs team handles matters related to the distribution of digital content over Sony’s various platforms throughout the world. The SNEI legal intern will work closely with SNEI’s Business and Legal Affairs attorneys on cutting edge digital entertainment work.
The Individual’s Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with drafting a variety of contracts, including digital content distribution deals, promotional and licensing arrangements and technology service provider agreements.
- Reviewing and analyzing existing agreements and reporting back to the legal team and its internal clients.
- Conducting legal research/analysis on issues such as data protection/privacy, content ratings and general contract law.
- Administering and managing contractual relationships with strategic partners.
- Motivated and committed student with excellent academic record who has completed one year (and no more than one year) of law school.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interested in digital media and technology transactions and drafting and negotiation of contracts.
- No prior legal experience required.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Learn more and apply HERE.