Sidney B. Williams Scholarship
General Scholarship Parameters
The Sidney B. Williams Scholarship is for $10,000 per school year (two semesters, excluding summer school semesters and intersession) beginning with the fall semester.
It is renewable, upon reapplication by the student, for up to three academic years (totaling six semesters for full-time or part-time enrollment, excluding summer school semesters and inter-sessions). Existing scholarship recipients must reapply each year.
Scholarship money can be applied to the verifiable costs associated with normal tuition and usual fees relating to full time and part time enrollment status (such as, but not limited to, student activity fees, law school or university fees, administrative fees) and is paid directly to and administered through the law school the recipient is attending, in accordance with the policies of the school for the use and application of scholarship funds.
- Scholarships are intended for students entering or attending law school in Fall 2014 or 2015
- Students must show demonstrated commitment to developing a career in intellectual property law.
- High academic performance at the undergraduate, graduate, and law school levels (if applicable).
- Demonstrated financial need.
- General factors such as leadership skills, community activities, or special accomplishments.
The Sidney B. Williams, Jr. Intellectual Property Law Scholarship is administered by the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. Completed applications may be submitted by mail and/or electronically to Tamekia Jackson at the address shown below. (Please indicate on e-mail when and how the required attachments will be sent separately).
A complete application (including renewal applications) must be received by