Los Angeles, CA – Entertainment Associate/Counsel Fox Rothschild LLP has an opening for a mid-level entertainment associate/counsel to join the Los Angeles, CA office. The candidate will have at least four years of experience working at a major entertainment law firm, studio, production company, network, or premium streaming service.The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience negotiating and drafting development and production agreements for scripted and unscripted television series, motion pictures, and digital projects, including live action and animation.
- Experience with agreements for writer, director, producer, performer, and other talent engagement, production company services, project shopping and attachment, network licensing and distribution, rights and intellectual property acquisition, test options, overall deals, literary publishing, and complex profit participation.
- Demonstrable experience providing production legal services for television and film, including script and episodic clearance, materials and appearance releases, location agreements, product integrations and prizing.
- Experience negotiating and drafting agreements for sponsorships and endorsement deals, including for celebrity talent and social media influencers.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage a high volume of tasks.
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of union rules and procedures (e.g., SAG-AFTRA, WGA, DGA).
- Pre-existing relationships with talent agents, entertainment lawyers, and business/legal affairs executives are a plus.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials, strong writing skills and experience in a law firm environment, record company, or publishing company. The candidate must be a member in good standing of the California State Bar. EEO m/f/vet/disabled/sexual orientation/gender identity. We are currently not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.Link: https://www.foxrothschild.com/careers-for-attorneys/open-positions/