Tenants in CA face some of the highest rents in the country and many continue to live in appalling conditions with little defense against illegal eviction. As a legal intern, you will work to improve housing conditions for tenants by assisting the legal department to develop and research impact litigation.
– Perform legal research
– Interview clients for potential litigation
– Write memos on legal issues affecting tenants in California
– Draft declarations, letters to landlords, and potential briefs for cases
– Develop Know-Your-Rights materials on landlord-tenant issues
– Counsel tenants by phone about their rights
Learn more HERE.