Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Legal Analyst located in San Ramon , CA / from May 26th, 2021 through June 6th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time).
This Legal Analyst position is based in San Ramon, CA and is part of the Corporate Governance department.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Support Assistant Corporate Secretaries by conducting corporate governance research and drafting materials for the Board and Board Committees. Distribute Board and Committee materials through board portal and maintain resource center on board portal.
- Assist with Director & Officer Questionnaires, Board evaluations, and Director independence reviews
- Assist with drafting proxy materials, Annual Meeting of Stockholders, and filings with the California Secretary of State and New York Stock Exchange
- Assist with maintaining the corporate governance sections of chevron.com
- Support the company’s insider trading window activities, which include monitoring of preclearance requests, coordination with outside vendors, review of Rule 10b5-1 trading plans, and the preparation and filing of Section 16 reports
- Assist with preparation of initial drafts and file Form 8-Ks with the SEC
- Liaise with business units on stakeholder communications
- Support Director Compensation reporting and compliance
- Recommend process improvements and simplification of tasks
- Responsible for records retention for corporate and securities team
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience as a paralegal.
- 5+ years’ experience as a paralegal.
- Ability to maintain high quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading, editing, and research skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated communications skills (both oral and written), including at the executive level
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset
- Self-starter who is adept at working in a team environment and partnering with management, business partners, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and staff
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- The successful candidate must be acutely aware of the confidential, and often privileged, nature of the information involved and diligently maintain confidentiality and/or privilege
- Paralegal certificate
- Corporate Governance research and writing experience
- Securities Law experience, particularly with Section 16 and Form 8-K filings
- Familiarity with Diligent Boards, Workiva and Computershare Section 16 Manager